We often talk about organization and most of us agree we could use a little more of it in our lives. How about a little more of it in your home? As the years go by, our homes tend to get cluttered and full of stuff. If you have children, a spouse or other family members living with you, the clutter is compounded even more. One way of keeping the clutter at bay is to become organized. However, this is easier said than done for most people.
Here are 5 steps to a more organized home to help you keep it clean and clutter-free:
- Make daily goals- Instead of spending hours upon hours organizing and cleaning, just create small, short daily goals for yourself and anyone else in the household. When you do it a little at a time on a daily basis, it will help everything stay more organized.
- Invest in storage- There are many storage options available. It is well worth the investment to get several different types of storage that work for your needs and then use it well.
- Clean out once a month- On a monthly basis, make it a purpose to go through everything (shelves, drawers, etc) and clean out the old. Do a little mini-Spring cleaning once and month and don’t allow the clutter to pile up. It will be much easier to get and stay organized.
- Create a place for everything- Take time to find a proper place for everything. If you can’t find a place for it, do you really need it? Give it a home and then keep it in that place. Let everyone in the family know to keep things in their proper place and you will have a more organized home.
- Share the responsibility- It’s never an easy task for one person to try to organize an entire household. Have everyone in the house contribute with different chores and tasks and by organizing their own personal things as well.
These tips should help you get more organized in your home which makes it look better, makes it easier to find things you need and makes you feel better for being in a clean and tidy home.