There is nothing more relaxing and appealing than coming home to a well-organized and appealing home. If you have been seeing a big home organizing challenge ahead of you, don’t be discouraged. You don’t have to do them all at once, in fact, it would be important to prioritize, start with one room and then move on to the next. Read on for more home organizing tips that you might find useful.
1. Start small and set priorities. Tackling the challenge of organizing the entire house can be overwhelming especially if you do have a large house to take care of and if you have to deal with a fairly large amount of clutter. Before you start with the big tasks, start first with small things. This will help you avoid frustrations of not being able to finish one job. Start with your closet or your bathroom. You can also start from your kid’s room, to your bedroom then to the kitchen, etc. depending on your priorities. Do something each day to help get rid of clutter.
2. More storage. Storage is important in finding a place for everything and keeping them off the counter top or at the table. One of the home organizing tips that can truly help you a lot is to add more storage and maximize the use of existing ones. However, you also have to learn to let go of things that you haven’t used for ages and those that you don’t really need.
3. Clear your closets first. Organizing your closet is one wise thing to start organizing your home. You may be still keeping those 10-year old dresses and you are not even using it or wanting to use it again, so the best way to start is to empty your closet, sort out things that you don’t need anymore and donate it. Letting go is hard sometimes but you have to consider that you have to let go of some things to fully enjoy a spacious, clutter-free home.
4. Know what is truly important to you. Keeping everything even your pots with broken handles or those dresses that have been sitting in your closet for ages and you don’t have plans of wearing it either – let go of them. If you are a shopaholic, also try to consider letting go of some of your old things as you bring in new ones.
5. Make your frequently used things readily accessible when you organize. Whether you are organizing a shoe, your closet, your home office, or your kitchen, this is one important home organizing tips to keep in mind always to avoid clutter and keep a well-organized home.
6. When organizing the kitchen, where most of the clutter can start and where many things are stored, use transparent containers so you will be able to see what is inside of it. You can also opt for stackable containers to maximize space and of course, for neat-looking storage. Even in organizing and arranging kid’s toys and many other small items, using a transparent storage box, or labeling your boxes can be very helpful to maintain a neat and organized home.
7. Group things together. This is especially useful to make it easier for you to find things. To avoid clutter in your bathroom counter top, group all your accessories in one larger tub or small plastic basket and store it on cabinets if not in use. In the kitchen, group utensils together to make it easier for you to find what you need and group your foods as well, such as canned goods, pasta, condiments etc.
Start with these home organizing tips to help you start living an organized life and a clean, clutter-free home you would love to go home to.